We focus on funding and assisting mathematicians in developing countries. Here are current programmes.
- Financial Support: The CDC has a limited funding substantially from donations. This is used to in agreement with the aims and objectives of the CDC.
A formal application for funding should be sent to the CDC by 15th March or 15th September each year. Please email the following addresses: email@example.com I firstname.lastname@example.org I email@example.com
We will consider requests that are in line with our terms of reference. The requests will be considered by the CDC at its annual meeting and decision will be made.
The application should contain:
- Applicant name, title, affiliation, address, email address
- Motivation and background for the application, context
- Sum requested and budget frame (amounts already available or requested to other sponsors)
- Supporting material, e.g. CV, support letters.<br> We expect a report to be sent to the email above after the funding has been received and used.
- Funding conferences: This is a specific example of the previous point. Decisions to support a conference are taken once a year, during our annual meeting in April and applications should be submitted by 15th March of each year. We have funded participants to many conferences, including those organised by CIMPA, by African Women in Mathematics</a>; and so on.
- Reduced EMS Membership: A special reduced fee of 5€ for mathematicians who reside in a developing country from this list was established by our Committee. More details on the advantages of membership can be found here.
- Maths indexing from ZbMath is now free to all!
- Mentoring: We support and participate in the London Mathematical Society scheme entitled Mentoring African Research Mathematics.