EMS Committee for Developing Countries assists developing countries in all possible ways, such as developing mathematics curricula, libraries and sources of support funds.
|Name||Role||Tenure begins||Tenure ends||Term|
|Sophie Dabo||sophie "dot" dabo "at" univ-lille3 "dot" fr||Chair||2019||2022||I|
|Francesco Pappalardi||pappa "at" mat "dot" uniroma3 "dot" it||Vice chair||2019||2022||I|
|Didier Aussel||aussel "at" univ-perp "dot" fr||Member||2018||2021||I|
|Emanuel Carneiro||carneiro "at" ictp "dot" it||Member||2022||2025||I|
|Giulia di Nunno||giulian "at" math "dot" uio "dot" no||Member||2022||2025||I|
|Nick Gill||nick "dot" gill "at" open "dot" ac "dot" uk||Member||2020||2023||I|
|Elisa Gorla||elisa "dot" gorla "at" unine "dot" ch||Member||2022||2025||I|
|Klaus Hulek||hulek "at" math "dot" uni-hannover "dot" de||Member||2016||2023||II|
|Marie-Françoise Roy||Marie-Francoise.Roy "at" univ-rennes1 "dot" fr||Member||2022||2025||I|
|Bernd Schroers||B "dot" J "dot" Schroers "at" hw "dot" ac "dot" uk||Member||2019||2022||I|
|Balázs Szendröi||szendroi "at" maths "dot" ox "dot" ac "dot" uk||Member||2018||2025||II|
|Bengt-Ove Turesson||bengt-ove "dot" turesson "at" liu "dot" se||Member||2017||2024||II|
Terms of Reference
The EMS Committee for Developing Countries (CDC) will assist developing countries (DCs) at the following levels:
- Mathematics curriculum development for universities.
- Cooperation with local staff in conducting MSc and PhD programs; holding special courses in various areas of mathematics in which there is no local expertise.
- Helping to build up libraries through donations from colleagues in developed countries; supply mathematical literature upon request by institutions and/or individual researchers in DCs; negotiate with publishers on special book rates for DCs.
- Helping to build up regional centres and networks of excellence: these are centres directly or connected in part to universities, and which provide expertise in areas and on levels in which regional universities are in need.
- Providing information about where students from DCs (who already have an MSc) can do their PhD, and what possibilities for PhD grants exist. At the same time, in order to avoid a brain drain, as much as possible, CDC will support efforts to build up PhD programmes in DCs according to international standards (regional centres of excellence could serve this purpose).
- Mobilising funds for junior and senior researchers to attend conferences in developed countries, and also help (both on an academic and financial level) organising conferences in DCs.
Donate to developing countries
Pay with credit card
or by bank transfer:
Nordea Bank AB (publ), Finnish Branch,
Satamaradankatu 5, 00020 NORDEA, Finland
Account number: FI78 1572 3000 3811 60