2.2.11 Appointment for special committees
The Executive Committee selects or nominates members for special committees.
- Abel Prize Committee: EC nominates two candidates (1 male, 1 female) every year in spring meeting upon request of Abel Board.
- ECM Scientific Committee: EC forms committee at spring EC meeting in years 2 mod 4 (see guidelines in section 4.2.2).
- Scientific Committees for special joint meetings, such as EMS-AMS-SMF, EMS-India, EMS-Pacific (see guidelines in section 4.3).
- EMS Prize Committee: EC forms committee at spring EC meeting in years 2 mod 4 (see guidelines and description in section 5.1).
- Felix Klein Prize Committee: EC forms committee together with ITWM Kaiserslautern at spring EC meeting in years 2 mod 4 (see guielines and description in section 5.2).
- Otto Neugebauer Prize Committee: EC forms committee at spring EC meeting in years 2 mod 4 (see guidelines and description in section 5.3).
- Gordin Prize jointly with AMS in years 1 mod 4 to be presented at an international mathematical conference, for example at the International Vilnius Conference on Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics (see guidelines and description in section 5.4).
- Hirzebruch Lecture Committee, jointly with German Mathematical Society (DMV) at spring EC meeting in years 3 mod 4 (2–3 members).
- Abel Lecturer at ECM: EC at spring meeting in years 3 mod 4 selects from previous Abel Prize winners.
- Scientific Committee for Caucasian Mathematics Conference: in years 3 mod 4. The Scientific Committee of the CMC consists of the invited speakers of the previous years. In case of a need of change, the standing committee decides the replacement.
- A member of the Fermat Prize Committee: in years 3 mod 4.
- EMS-UMALCA: EMS supports one European speaker at the Latin American Congress of Mathematics, once in four years (the last one was in 2016).
- Speakers for the Bernoulli Society meeting: EC chooses the place / event for the EMS-BS lecture and pays the travel costs of the EMS-BS lecturer in the even years, BS in the odd ones.