Residents of the following countries can become members of the EMS at a reduced fee 5 € per year. This form of membership comes with all membership benefits except for the printed version of the EMS Magazine, which is available online.
This list of countries has been elaborated by the EMS Committee for Developing Countries.
- East Asia and Pacific: Cambodia, Indonesia, Korea, Dem. Rep., Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines.
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Bolivia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Paraguay.
- Middle East and North Africa: Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Jordan, Syria, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Europe and Central Asia: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, FYR Macedonia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan