EMS Magazine, No. 120
The latest EMS Magazine - the second edition in its new format - is out now! Click here (or on "Magazine" at the top of the page) to read free online now.
- Emmylou Haffner on Bernhard Riemann’s collected works: Then and now - a fascinating illustrated historical account of the editing process
- Alexander I. Efimov on Categorical smooth compactifications and neighborhoods of infinity
- Joaquim Serra on The geometric structure of interfaces and free boundaries. Plateau’s problem, the role of Elliptic PDEs, phase transistions, and beyond.
- Quentin Mérigot and Boris Thibert on Mirrors, lenses and Monge–Ampère equations. Is it possible to shape a piece of glass so that it refracts and concentrates sunlight in order to produce a given image? Plus:
- Impact factor, an inadequate yardstick
- Mathematical (online) meetings reimagined?
- The UK’s first National Mathematics Discovery Centre
- The Weierstrass Institute
- The Slovak Mathematical Society
- How Romanian mathematicians support Uganda in International Mathematical Olympiads ... and much more!