APPENDIX 1. Deadlines for applications, calls and decisions
- January 1: (Simons-for-Africa) report on activities upload to proposalCENTRAL by the EMS President (PSO).
- January 31: European Solidarity travel grants and event funding applications deadline (every year).
- Council year: Call for nominations of candidates for EC open positions is sent to the EMS member societies.
- February 15: CDC ERCE application deadline (every second year, even years).
- February 15: (Simons-for-Africa) grant applications deadline.
- February 28: ECM call deadline, 5 years prior the ECM.
- Three weeks before the spring EC meeting the Secretary sends a request for a report to the chairs of the standing committees, Publicity Officer, Editor-in-Chief of the EMS Magazine, Representative of the zbMATH Open.
- Accounting and preparation of Financial statements (EMS Secretariat).
- Deadline for nominations of the individual, institutional, associate member delegates for the EMS Council (at least 11 days before the spring EC meeting).
- EC meeting papers, including reports and funding requests of the Committees (10 days before the EC).
- EMS Presidents meting registration deadline one week before the meeting.
- (end of March / beginning of April) Auditing PWC (EMS Secretariat).
Items for spring EC meeting:
- Screening and pre-selection of ECM bids year Y – 3, where Y is the ECM year
- Hirzebruch Lecture Committee in year Y – 1
- Abel Lecturer at ECM in year Y – 1
- ECM Scientific Committee in year Y – 2
- EMS Prizes Committee in year Y – 2
- Felix Klein Prize Committee in year Y – 2
- Otto Neugebauer Prize Committee in year Y – 2
- Abel Prize Committee nominations (every year)
- Bernoulli Society meeting (every year according to the rules)
- Fermat Prize Jury member in every even year
- Scientific Committee for Caucasian Mathematics Conference in year 3 mod 4
- Gordin Prize Committee in year 1 mod 4
- Signing of financial statements
- Council year: approval of individual, institutional and associated members
- Deadline for nominations of the full member delegates for the EMS Council (every second year; tailored to each Council)
- Council registration form is sent to the nominated delegates and invited guests (every second year; the next day after the deadline of full member delegates).
- April 30: Gordin Prize nominations deadline
- April 1: pay Editor-in-Chief FIZ Karlsruhe
- Preparation of proposal for bids presented to Council in year year Y – 1, where Y is the ECM year
- May 1: (Simons-for-Africa) project’s financial statements upload to proposalCENTRAL; signed by PFO (EMS Treasurer) and PSO
- May 15: (Simons-for-Africa) grant applications deadline
- Auditor’s and operations inspectors’ reports (EMS Secretariat)
- (depending on the Council) deadline for Council papers, application documents for prior nominated EC candidates; Council papers are sent to participants one month before the meeting.
JUNE / JULY
- EC meeting papers, including reports and funding requests of the Committees (in the Council year, 10 days before the EC)
- Council presentations are sent to the EMS Office one week before the Council meeting.
- Decision about ECM site at Council in year Y – 4, where Y is the year of ECM.
- Call for nominations for EMS Prizes, Felix Klein Prize, Otto Neugebauer Prize, Hirzebruch Lecture published on the web and sent to the members (year Y – 1, where Y is the ECM year).
- Site visit of the EC members to bid sites in autumn of year Y – 6, where Y is the ECM year
- September 15: (Simons-for-Africa) grant applications deadline
- September 30: EMS-sponsored activities evaluated by Meetings Committee (every year for the events happening in the following year)
- September 30: European Solidarity travel grants and event funding (every year)
- (September or October) Three weeks before the autumn EC meeting the Secretary sends a request for a report to the chairs of the standing committees, Publicity Officer, Editor-in-Chief of the EMS Magazine, Representative of the zbMATH Open.
- Send committee chairs and liaison persons report on the committee renewals and ask for candidate suggestions
- ECM call in autumn (October or November) in year Y – 6, where Y is the ECM year
- NGOsource (until 2021): In October of each year Simons Foundation asks to renew the Equivalency Determination certificate of the EMS. This is done by the EMS Office and the EMS Treasurer. This certificate shows that the EMS is equivalent to a U.S. public charity.
- (October or November) EC meeting papers, including reports and funding requests of the Committees (10 days before the EC)
Items for autumn EC meeting:
- Allocation of funds for EMS-sponsored activities in the following year (Meetings, CAIR, WiM, Solidarity, CDC, RPA)
- Appointment of new members of standing committees
- November 1: EMS prizes applications deadline (year Y – 1, where Y is the ECM year)
- November 15: (Simons-for-Africa) grant applications deadline
- November / December: Council announcement is published on the web, EMS Magazine and EMS Digest, the year preceding the Council.
- December 1: (Simons-for-Africa) submission of confirmation of banking information to proposalCENTRAL; this form is signed by first by PSO (EMS President) and then by PFO (EMS Treasurer).
- December 31: (Simons-for-Africa) report on activities from CDC chair
- December 31: Felix Klein Prize, Otto Neugebauer Prize, Hirzebruch Lecture applications deadline (1 year prior the ECM)
- Announcement and registration link for the EMS Presidents meeting